Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Taichung highlights~

My last post about my Taiwan trip is about my 1 day tour to Taichung ~ about 2 hours by train from Taipei! There I met up with my friend who is local to Taichung, we got together to prepare for IDOLL the next day, and she also helped me to buy Ringo tickets! :D

Step 1 was to purchase a ticket the day in advance. Now for some reason there were no seats left for a direct train ride there, but I asked a kind man at the ticket counter, who arranged for me to have 2 tickets, all I'd have to do was switch seats at a station called "Hsinchu" ~ Since these trains all have arranged seats.I was happy I didn't have to transfer to another train at least, haha!



Once I arrived to the station, my friend picked me up and showed me a local shop with awesome decoration! This shop was famous for ice cream and special delicious cakes~ Next time I'll definitely buy some, since this time I was seriously lacking bag space!
The second thing I noticed was that Taichung was even hotter than Taipei (which was already hotter and more humid than Xiamen at that point!).

After that she took me on the back of her motorbike, which was exciting! :D I really enjoyed that. She also showed me to her home and then to a special traditional Japanese style building which was amazing.

 There was some ancient tree in the middle of the courtyard, decorated with these colorful lanterns~

There was even a traditional style place to drink tea, note the lack of chairs and the traditional sliding windows. The lily pond below just added a touch of romance to this place. I really got a very strong Japan vibe here! :D

If you peeked inside the main building, you could see children practising Kendo, quite violently and loudly! O_O it was rather interesting!

Another building had these wooden plates with wishes written on them hanging on nearly every wall!

A final shot of the lovely Japanese style buildings~

After all, my friend took me to the local BJD shop, which was so beautifully decorated and had 3 floors! I met some new friends there and then it was time for me to head off to the train station again~

All in all it was a wonderful day in Taichung! Thanks for looking~

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely visit! And I'm so happy that you managed to get the concert tickets~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ I'm happy too and it was a lovely visit, I especially love these kinds of traditional Japanese things ^^

      Delete
  2. I love those pictures ^^. Looks like a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so so nice! I recommend Taiwan as it has so many Japanese-influenced parts but it's actually cheaper and friendlier!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the pictures!! What a gorgeous place~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's definitely worth it visiting different places in Taiwan!

      Delete
  4. I'll never get around to visiting Taiwan so it's lovely to see this gorgeous place through your photos. I really love that lantern tree. Wonder what it symbolised ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you get the opportunity to visit one day! I will post more photos whenever I travel around more to share with you~!

      Delete