Warning: Picture heavy!
Exhibition in Songshan park
The first place I visited was Songshan culture & creative park, they had several exhibitions, with one being about music. The music exhibition displayed Shiina Ringo's very own dress and wings from her Expo 14 concert!
|With skirt ~|
|Big fan of these|
|Screenshot from Expo 14 concert|
I picked up 4 CDs here.
|Several Taiwanese editions of CDs I already own but I was surprised to find Chinese translations of all the songs inside!|
|The stage and center walkway~ she came so close to me!|
|Preparing for the concert, I bought some fans that matched Ringo's Taiwan CD and Ringo candies!|
|At the venue I somehow had 4 tickets in hand all at once ;) 2 being for my 2 friends and 2 for myself.. somehow!|
|The hall was basically a big gym filled with thousands of dingy chairs. I was hoping for something more concert hall-like.|
I had no idea in advance what the songs were going to be and I didn't want to know either! Here's the set list that I found after the concert~
Setlist for "Ringo Expo'15 -Chui Xian San Chi-"
3. jiyuu e michizure
4. ariamaru tomi
5. hashire wa number
6. kamisama, hotokesama
8. oishii kisetsu
9. onna no ko wa daredemo
12. tsumi to batsu
14. bouenkyou no soto no keshiki
15. seishun no matataki
16. kabukichou no joou
18. mittei monogatari
19. koroshiya kikiippatsu
20. karisome otome
21. marunouchi sadistic (EXPO ver.)
22. nagaku mijikai matsuri
Top 3 songs
|First outfit and rocking on the guitar to Nippon~ picture from Taiwan news website.|
Before the concert I was considering what the ONE song was that I really wanted to hear. I decided that it would have to be Kuki (Stem in English). And what did she sing FIRST? My favorite song ever!!! It was so special especially because she sang it first and she also did the English version~~~ Destiny?
2. Kamisama, hotosokesama (神様、仏様)
The amazing new song, so new that I haven't even had a chance to study the lyrics more. She gave a very impressive performance with the dancers really coming into their own here! This is song is currently completely stuck in my head too ~!
3. Tsumi to Batsu (罪と罰)
Nothing can top this performance of the hauntingly beautiful Crime & Punishment. She performed it with a bleeding left hand, outstretched to the audience while singing "aiiiishiiterruuuu" ~ a tragic and amazing song! Needless to say I almost know this song by heart, but I was worried for Ringo's hand a lot!
Honourable mentions for songs
Oishii kisetsu - I was sooo happy she sang this song. It seems I was the only one who was able to sing along to almost the whole thing~
Karisome otome (jazz!) She was dancing and totally rocking it in the navy/army? outfit xD And those sunglasses! I had a lot of fun during this song.
Top 3 songs I would like to hear live once
1. Yattsuke shigoto
2. Ima (English!) or Arikitari na onna
3. Yami ni furu ame
Why only 3? I'd also LOVE to hear Sounan and Gunjou Biyori and many many others live ToT
|My own pic (I didn't take any photos at other times, too busy watching!)|
|I had to take photos when Ringo did her Spy/jazzy themed songs and then she put on sunglasses like... xD|
- Clear vocals, Ringo's voice was amazing~ it just washed over me.
- The band Mangarama was so excellent!I especially adore HzM but they were all superb!
- The dancers were amazing, I didn't much care for Ringo Expo 14's dancers but this year's dancers were really passionate and dressed appropriately!
- Ringo's outfits were somewhat of a repetition of her earlier concert's outfits (especially the navy? outfit she wore) but she looked fabulous and I'm happy she kept her hair natural, and didn't wear the beehive hairpiece she had worn before.
- She rocked the guitar and danced off to jazz, what more could I wish for in a Ringo concert?
- LOVED the Ice cream shaped microphone later on.
- *added* Shiina Ringo speaking Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese confused the hell out of me because I could understand about 50% out of all of those. LOL
|Pic from another FB user!|
Later on she fell down during one of the last songs but promptly got back up and kept going ~ Go Ringo!
|I caught the center Mangarama ticket with my own hand! :D|
- The merchandise line up literally went from here to Tokyo when we arrived. We had no interest in waiting to buy stuff for 3 hours so we didn't get any ^^; (I had already bought the CDs I wanted before)
- During the first and second song people got excited and I wanted to dance to Nippon especially, but the staff members in the concert were telling people to sit down which struck me as a really odd thing to do during a rock concert =/
- The audience around me slightly disappointed me, later on they didn't even want to stand up (only me?!) and it seemed I was the only one who was actually singing along to most of the songs... I felt uncomfortable that I couldn't properly express my excitement during the entire concert because other people were just poker-faced or even looking annoyed. So that was a little sad. Maybe there's cultural differences but I was hoping to meet many kindred spirits who also love Ringo but it seems most of them only loved a few of the older songs by way of nostalgia.
Above you can see some of the first songs she performed!