Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Halloween Dolly Tag :)

This meme tag was stolen borrowed from My Dolly Adventures ~ Such interesting questions!

Werewolf – How has the hobby “transformed” you? 
I've been interested in dollies most of my life, however they always seemed extremely limited in their expressions (both body and face).When I discovered BJDs, I found that the hobby has many other aspects and that it can really be considered an art. It opened my world and got me interested in photography first of all, secondly I slowly got better and better at doing face-ups and it helped me with drawing as well! I also enjoy making BJD jewelry and now I'm sewing some small projects (but a total newbie). It also gave me more reasons to travel to Asia!
This hobby has also inspired me to write a story related to BJDs, which I will hopefully work on a lot more next month! (Nanowrimo, any one?)

Vampire – The dreaded sun! How do you feel about and cope with yellowing, or more generally the aging of these dolls? 
I actually hate it! If it's even it's not so bad, but uneven yellowing bothers me a lot. But overall it scares me, it just proves that nothing is forever, everything erodes, no matter how well you take care of it... and it scares me!

Frankenstein’s Monster – Have you ever modded a doll? Tell us about it! If you could magically try any mod without fear of failure, what would you like to try? 
I've done some Pullip mods but for BJDs the most I've done is some mild sanding. I'd love to try modding faces, such as creating an open-mouth or minor changes to nose/eyes/facial shaping..  ~ I don't really have anything crazy in mind.However I'd like to try a tattoo once, if that counts? XD

Zombie – Have you ever caught the Marketplace virus?? Name some unplanned purchases that jumped out and “infected” you?
This will be the end of me, I love browsing the DoA marketplace and finding good deals on dollies on my wishlist~ I lost count of how many impulse purchases I made there, but the most recent one was my Soom Clozel!

Skeleton – What’s your favorite body sculpt? Forget heads! 
I love FL for their hands and lovely bodies, Soom's bodies and also Iplehouse (YID girls!). I am a big fan of expressive hands, and for girls I also adore it when they have longer sculpted nails! I especially love Limhwa/EOSdoll bodies!

Picture from the Limhwa/EOS website!

Witch – Name some dolls that are magical! Seeing them on your dashboard inspires you! Can be general sculpts or specific dolls owned by talented friends.
Any sculpt that someone has clearly put time and effort in, different face-ups and styling can do any sculpt justice I think, so I'm not particular about sculpts, I just like seeing pretty dolls well-photographed! I also love being surprised by a picture that makes me want that particular sculpt.

Ghost – The one that got away. Do any limited or rare dolls “haunt” you to this day?
Dollti Wooyan ToT - he's from a company that disappeared and resurfaced several times, however this sculpt was discontinued right before I really got into the hobby. I saw one for sale on the marketplace last year, but unfortunately I couldn't pay up the $1500 needed at that time..~ so sad T_T;; I guess I should save some funds for if such a rare grail doll ever pops up again for me! 

Freddy Krueger – What is your worst doll nightmare? Has it happened or not?
The same as many others, losing your collection due to fire or other crazy disasters!
I did once have a strange dream where I ordered a BJD and when the box arrived I opened it to find a Bratz doll instead. Hahaha. Hasn't happened thankfully.

Jason Voorhees – If you were gonna make Halloween costumes for your dolls (or if you plan to!) what costumes would you make?
Halloween isn't really a thing in my country so I've never been too into this holiday. I would enjoy doing something ghost-themed though. Or Japanese ghost stories (like Shiina Ringo's latest MV/tour! or like Natsume Yuujinchou)
From the Natsume Yuujinchou anime~ 

From Shiina Ringo's Kamisama, Hotokesama MV
Chucky (possessed doll) – Have you ever been scared of dolls or a certain doll? Be honest!
Yep, once I got a free smiling event head from Supia and she was really creepy. Just a blank permanently smiling head rolling around @_@ I sold it ASAP!
Picture from Supia website!
Thanks for reading!

I will tag any one who hasn't been tagged yet (any one..?)
You can copy/paste the questions:
  • Werewolf – How has the hobby “transformed” you? 
  • Vampire – The dreaded sun! How do you feel about and cope with yellowing, or more generally the aging of these dolls? 
  • Frankenstein’s Monster – Have you ever modded a doll? Tell us about it! If you could magically try any mod without fear of failure, what would you like to try? 
  • Zombie – Have you ever caught the Marketplace virus?? Name some unplanned purchases that jumped out and “infected” you?
  • Skeleton – What’s your favorite body sculpt? Forget heads! 
  • Witch – Name some dolls that are magical! Seeing them on your dashboard inspires you! Can be general sculpts or specific dolls owned by talented friends.
  • Ghost – The one that got away. Do any limited or rare dolls “haunt” you to this day?
  • Freddy Krueger – What is your worst doll nightmare? Has it happened or not?
  • Jason Voorhees – If you were gonna make Halloween costumes for your dolls (or if you plan to!) what costumes would you make?
  • Chucky (possessed doll) – Have you ever been scared of dolls or a certain doll? Be honest!

15 comments:

  1. Your answers are very interesting!!! Loved the costumes you would do, too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ Haha, it's an interesting style, isn't it? :O I became interested in classical Japanese horror stories a while ago!

      Delete
  2. I always love hearing about stories and backstories for dolls. Good Luck with Nanowrimo! I'm going to try to do it this year although I am not sure if it will be officially through their website though. I've had a hard time sticking with Nanowrimo the past few years but I was inspired by an article someone linked me to on a science website which got the gears spinning in my head.

    I love fantasy hands. There are some really neat looking ones around.

    I haven't heard the name Dollti for a long time. I might even vaguely recall the sculpt you mentioned. If it has come up before on the MP, then chances are it might again.

    We don't really celebrate Halloween either in Australia but it's nice to have the theme for a meet.

    I'm glad you did this meme. I really enjoyed reading your answers to the questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, Nanowrimo is really tough, but I hope you can do it this year! I definitely have a story outline in my head this time, so hopefully that makes things easier.
      Yeah, they are super rare, I believe their company name now is Lee-el. not 100% on that one though. But sadly they didn't release old dolls.
      Thanks so much for reading x3

      Delete
  3. Ah Irene I see you are another hand person. :) It's been very interesting reading your answers and now I must go check out those Limhwa/EOSdoll bodies!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah! :D
      I adore EOS/Limhwa. They also have dollies in all sizes ^^

      Delete
  4. It's very nice to hear how this hobby has transformed you, I can relate that. Prior to the hobby, I had no interested in writing story... But now I strive to be a good writer. Hehe, I love expressive hands too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to hear :) Writing is just a great way to share something with the world, isn't it? Glad we agree on the hands! :D

      Delete
  5. Loved reading this! ^^
    I can totally follow you on the yellowing. It really is scary in many ways >_<" Our precious babies!
    I also hope to hear more about what you'll be writing for November. I've signed up as well. I hope I'll be able to write something XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh, it's so scary ToT.
      Ohh, well I don't really want to share too much until I can actually finish a bigger part of the story. haha :D However I'd love to friend you on the nanowrimo website ~ my username is solarsenshi :D
      Let's do our best! x3

      Delete
  6. Nice to read your answers!! I was also scared of the blank supia smiling face at first XD But it's the one I use for practice since it was free lol! I've seen some people do nice things with it but I never seem to manage to make her look less creepy XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you also got one? :D I don't know why, but permanent smiles are always creepy to me, perhaps you could make her into some kind of jester/clown type? XD That might be creepy/cool!

      Delete
    2. hahaha I don't like clowns ;_; XD She will my experiment head ahaha X)

      Delete
  7. This was really interesting to read!!
    OMG that Supia gives me the creeps....!! I can totally understand why you sold her. That's just spooky! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ :D
      Hahahaha, it seems many people also dislike her xD;;; I adore most of Supia's other sculpts though! :O

      Delete