Thursday, February 11, 2016

A project a day - Spring festival ver. Day #5 + 6

Sorry for missing a day~ I didn't get home on time to get daylight to take photos but my project was definitely done yesterday~ x3 x3

Read more below~


For day 5+6 the theme was: recycling ~

As seen above I made a simple necklace out of recycled materials for my Goldie ~

Materials:
  • Little plastic pink horse from an old phone strap
  • Flower from a recycled DIY materials shop
  • Crystal beads + chain
  • Cupcake earring for children ~ gotten from a friend, I'm only using the cupcake charm
The second project was to make some tiny beauty products for my Pullips ~ first try.
I have to thank Alasse for the inspiration for this, as she linked to some very interesting DIY dolly videos where they used beads for making perfume bottles!

Materials:
  • Beads
  • Metal decorations
  • Paper
  • Glue 
I've used beads and glued them together to make tiny bottles ~ I also had some spare glass bottles which I've decorated with beads and little birds! I also made the labels out of lovely patterned paper and a black marker.
The bottles are filled with beads and tiny pebbles~
The box is a recycled dolly shoe box, I've quickly put some 'separations' in using the same paper I used for the labels ~ they don't serve well as shelves though XD ~ too weak! I'll have to figure something out for that next time.

Thanks for checking~!

20 comments:

  1. So many goodies!! :D
    I really enjoy seeing your projects. They are super inspiring. *^^*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ I hope we can all be inspired :D :D

      Delete
  2. Your projects are looking great!! I loved the pony necklace, too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ It's really fun to try some new things like this!

      Delete
  3. Those little beauty products look lovely! Me and Sarg have tried making some perfume bottles from beads as well :) It's really fun trying to find suitable beads and other ones to match it!

    Also, your Goldie is so pretty that I can't even~ ♥♥ Are you including her in all of your posts to try to tempt me into getting one too X'DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh yeah it's rather fun, isn't it? I wonder what other miniatures you guys have made (you always have such lovely props and set-ups!)

      Ah yes~~ I am trying to tempt more people in ordering from PW! :D :D Did you see their new open-eyed Tristan? ~~

      Delete
    2. It definitely is! ^^ I tried to look for photos where our DIY perfume bottles would be visible, but only found this from Sarg's gallery... It has some of those bottles, behind the cell phone and make up :D We should use those for more photos!

      Yes I did and she looks beautiful ;___; ♥ Can't wait to see more photos, but I must stay strong and not order...

      Delete
    3. Oh those are so nice!~ I hope you can share something more about them in your blog later on!
      The bling bling phone is amazing! XD I adore it!

      Ahh~ it's always fine to order from PW! XD~~ -evil-

      Delete
  4. so pretty!!!!

    And yur Goldie loves good with everything you put on her~~ She's perfect for this :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~
      She is really a perfect model for all my silly pastel experiments I think, haha! :D

      Delete
  5. These are so cute! I really admire how productive you're being with all of these little projects (I need to emulate that, I think).

    That tiny shelf is really outstanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :3
      I hope you can also share some little projects then ~ look forward to your posting!

      Delete
  6. Hi Irene,
    What a beautiful model, I love Peak's Woods dolls, but only have one. Your projects are inspiring us all, love the perfume bottles, especially as I have a small collection of bottles in my bathroom cabinet. They are very interesting to collect, there are so many shapes and sizes. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ PW is a wonderful company too, their service is probably the best I've experienced :3 ~
      Ah yes, I love those beautifully shaped perfume bottles too! I think they're adorable~

      Delete
  7. You are one creative person Irene! I really love when people recycle things. It's always neat to see what magic happens with the items and I am loving these. I really liked how you used the old doll shoebox to make that neat little shelving unit. Genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much x3 I just hope I can keep it up for the remaining 2 days! Haha! :D

      I hope I can improve the box/shelf design next time :3 as I'd like to use some cardboard to make it all stronger!

      Delete
  8. How neat, reading you blog gives me inspiration to make something for my BJD! I love those cute bottles. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can make something! I think paper clay goes a long way in making different kinds of BJD food! :D Please share if you do!

      And thank you~~ :3

      Delete
  9. I love that horse! So cute~ Also, your girl looks wonderfully ethereal in the topmost photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ :D I found my stairs have great lighting and so are great for photos! ~~

      Delete