Friday, February 12, 2016

A project a day - Spring festival ver. Day #7

Almost done with these x3~ back to work on Sunday ;_;

Today's project is simple bow hair clips ~


Read more below~ (picture heavy!)





I also have some fabrics lying around (mostly from Taipei's fabric market!) ~ so I figured it was time to do something (I'm working on making some Pullip outfits~ but those are taking forever!) with them.

Materials:
  • Tiny hair clips
  • Fabrics
  • An iron (they will look better when ironed for sure!)
  • Needle and thread OR glue (for lazy people like me!)
First step is to sew (or glue...) a rectangle of fabric on one side and flip it, it becomes a tube of sorts. After that I iron it so it becames a flat rectangle like this :3

Flip it over and fold the two sides inside so they will meet in the middle and sew or glue together.
I also prepare a small strip of fabric and pre-iron it so it can be the middle strap ~

The middle can be folded together and the strap can be wrapped around to form the main bow-shape~ there are many tutorials online for how to make bows like this so I won't go into too much detail~

I made a bigger one ~ with this cute temari fabric x3 it can also be worn on the top of the head, that looks cute too!

Ideas for further customization:
  • Do a double bow ~(smaller on top of the bigger one!)
  • Add beads or metal decorations ~
  • Sew lace on the edges or in the middle
  • Use ribbon as center tie~
There's just so many ways to do this! :D

Since some people asked to have a look at my BJD shoes collection ~ here it is! You must realize I have at least 20 more pairs in my hometown..
The lace shoes are modeled by my Soom Snow White girl (on SQ body xD!) actually they take ages to remove and put back on...
I took some photos of the girl herself ~ but her hair wouldn't behave;;;; so none of them really came out very good xD;;

Thanks for looking x3

20 comments:

  1. Pretty bows!! That fabric collection is so cute *_*!!! You are a hoarder D: !! XD

    Love ALL the shoessssssssssssss!!!!! thanks for showing us :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am xD Haha. A terrible hoarder who isn't nearly productive enough to justify the hoarding! T_T;;

      Thank you x3 I do love those high heels~~

      Delete
  2. Very cute bows! You have such great fabrics there - I love all those different patterns and colours in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ I really should use them more though~ ^^;;;

      Delete
  3. I do love the Asian fabrics a lot, the patterns are so cute~♥ Some of those would look really good as kimonos or similar traditional wear ;) The hairbows you made are cute as well, I love how pretty they look even though the process of making them is quite fast! *hairbow addict*

    Your shoe collection is awesome, each pair is beautiful ;3;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree, some of them would be perfect for that! :D Perhaps I should send you some in the package I'm preparing then ^^~~

      Thank you x3 I live vicariously through my dolls' shoes XD!

      Delete
  4. I love the temari fabric! And I'm seriously drooling over your shoes collection (I really like the nude/brown one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ I am addicted to Japanese fabrics, they're so fine and delicate x3 and cheap! ~

      Thanks! I'm hoping to add some more pairs to my collection soon! :D

      Delete
  5. The fabrics are so beautiful! Those bows are just adorable, I love the red fabric one, that's so pretty!

    I've been so much drooling on those white lace shoes and they are as pretty in doll feet as they are in the shop page! =w= Seeing all the doll shoes make me super happy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like them! I always feel the fabrics are almost too cute to cut up! ;;;;

      ~They're nice, I hope you can get a pair also! :D Shoes are the best!

      Delete
  6. The hair clips are so cute, and the fabrics are perfect!!! Love them!!
    Also those shoes! Doll shoes!! :O So pretty *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~~ :D Perhaps I should send some fabrics over? :3

      Delete
  7. You guys have such lovely fabrics over there. I am constantly envious! I really love those bows. That gives me some interesting ideas for some scrapbooking projects with the bows! I'd love to see some of your scrapbooking work if you had time.

    You have such a neat shoe collection. Shoes are the one thing I constantly forget to buy for my dolls as they seem to like getting around without them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should send you some then, right? :D You do a lot of scrapbooking? :3 that's cool! I don't do a lot of that but I do use scrapbooking materials a lot for my dolls! :D The only book I keep is one filled with all my Purikura (Japanese photo booth stickers xD)

      Thank you~ Most of my girls also have high heeled feet, so it really helps them to stand up ~ and I love those gorgeous heels a lot xO shoes are addictive.

      Delete
  8. I just looked through all the projects you've done lately and you've made some really cute and pretty things! I love these hair bows! *o* You've inspired me to do more creative stuff, but I'm a fairly new fabric/beads/etc hoarder, so I don't have much to do with right now. :<

    Love your shoes collection! I have those pink with black tip too - one of my favourite pairs of the ones I have so far. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you can use your things to create something! I don't think many things are required, really! :D

      Thank you! I also adore that pair so much~ :D

      Delete
  9. Lovely project as well! I like how simple and doable it is, but what a great effect it has in the hair of a doll :D

    Great shoe collection! *^^* One can never have enough dolly-shoes ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ yes it's very easy, isn't it? :D

      I totally agree on that point! I am always drooling over new shoes as well! XD;;

      Delete
  10. Looks really easy and fun! Might try my hand at making some bows for the dollies, thanks for the tutorial! :3

    What a lovely collection of shoes! I could take one of male dollshoes! :'D It's a pity that dollshoes don't show in photos all that often tho! At least not in mine! xD I sometimes think it's kind of a waste to spend money on the shoes because they rarely show in photos but I don't have the heart to make my dolls go bare-footed either. :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do~ it's fun too! :3

      Ohh, you could share your collection too! It's fun to show them off, even though they might not show up in photos all the time. I totally feel sad about that too! However I think they're worth buying for sure!

      Delete