Friday, March 18, 2016

Package + updates

Last week I found I had a package waiting for me in the local package storage shop. However, when I got there, the package had gone missing! Thankfully the next day when I came back, they had located it and I found it was a package from FantasyWoods~ Thank you so much dear!

Inside were some strange and interesting sweets :D as well as a lovely handmade BJD scarf and very fine and delicately made necklaces for my dollies ~ (My Goldie stole them all;;;;; )

I also adore the post cards (llama!) ~
(read more below)



Here's a random shot of Aehael in her default wig and eyes, which I do think look better on her!
I do believe this is one of the last photos I have taken with my old camera, my beloved Nikon D40... because... I have upgraded it! To a Nikon D5500!

The Nikon D5300 had been on my wishlist for ages, so when I went to purchase one I found Nikon had already updated to its latest model, a D5500! The price difference was a negligible 200RMB for just the body so.. I went ahead and did it! Crazy impulse purchase right?
The main difference would be the focus points which would allow me to make better use of my 50mm lens ~ another feature is a built-in wi-fi feature that allows me to send photos directly to my phone or use my phone to control my camera~ it also has an unfoldable flipscreen and it's a touch screen too! It offers live view at different angles (my D40 didn't offer live view, so I had to crawl around on the ground sometimes to look through the viewfinder!)


I hope to share more photos taken with my new camera soon!

20 comments:

  1. Oh congrats on both the parcel and camera! The postcards are such a neat idea. I must remember to look for some to send with parcels! Australian ones anyway!

    I'm curious about the feature that allows you to upload photos to your phone. Let us know how you find that. I wish my DSLR could do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love post cards, I always decorate my wall with them :D so I'd love some!

      Oh yeah, I haven't tried it yet, but it seems quite useful for when I'm traveling and didn't bring my computer with me~~

      Delete
  2. Hi Irene,
    Conrats on your parcel of goodies and the new camera!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the goodies and the camera!!! I also use Nikon, although an older model :)
    And Aehael is such a beautiful sculpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What model do you use? My old one was a D40 which was super old but still very good~
      I do think she is prettier in her default eyes and wig :3 ~

      Delete
  4. It seems everything got to you safe and in one piece!
    The camera looks amazing!!! I still use the same camera I had when I started haha xD

    All those new features seem so pro and handy~ want tos ee photos already *u*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What camera do you use? :3 I think even old SLRs are good, but I felt the need to update a bit for a while now, especially with the focus points ^^;;

      I hope to take some next week! It will be a challenge as it's raining here all week!

      Delete
    2. Haha I use a Canon T2i with a 50mm lens, the cheap one. I think DSLRs can last a long time, so you are not wasting money when investing in one. I love mine, ofc I'd love to upgrade in the future, but I still I can use this one a couple more of years :)

      Delete
    3. Ah yeah, I totally agree! You wouldn't need to buy a new SLR like that unless it's really starting to limit what you can do with it~! Canon is awesome too!

      Delete
  5. I actually have that same camera :) The flipscreen and the touch screen are very handy! But it's annoying that because I've a windows phone, I can't use the wi-fi feature -_- I really need a new phone - an android one...

    Aehael is so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Good to know that ~ Ohh, I see. I do hope you can get a new phone that can download the app! :D

      Thank you~

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! Nice presents ^^
    Damn, so jelly of that new camera you bought! *__* Can't wait to see you work your magic with it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :3 :3 I hope I can take lots of pictures with it soon! :D

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad they were able to locate the parcel package for you!!! That's one fear of mines when I send packages so I always include a return address too. So if the first time it fails I can try again haha Congratulations on the camera by the way! Getting new goodies like that is always fun and exciting. Speaking of I've been neglecting my new(ish) camera and should really go out and test it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's horrible when packages go missing! xO it's great that you can usually get them back, but sometimes they just completely disappear!
      Thanks so much, you should absolutely do that! I'd love to see more gorgeous photo posts of your travels and daily things also!!

      Delete
  8. You always get such lovely packages! :D Those necklaces are so cute!!
    Congrats on upgrading your camera. I'm currently thinking about buying a second camera since I got some old lenses for free last year and learnt that they fit on newer Sony cameras. I love playing around with old lenses. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so happy to receive them as well! :3 :3
      Oh yeah, lenses are always good to have, I'm especially fond of my 50mm ~ I really hope you can use them soon, it's so much fun to play around with different lenses and filters too~

      Delete
  9. Loving that Llama-postcard! <3
    Haha, I think impulse-buys usually are the best ones! Happy times with your new camera! I think I should upgrade my SLR too, but I'm still too attached to my Sony alpha77. Maybe new lenses instead of a new body...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too~ :D I really need to visit Chile one day!
      Yeahh, for me the first step was also to upgrade the lens! It's better if you intend to upgrade your camera model so you can use the same lenses still, though! Otherwise buying new ones all the time can get pricey!

      Delete