Monday, May 9, 2016

Helsinki loot + food post~

An amazing two days were spent in Helsinki with my dear friend & guide Sofia~ who I will give another big thank you to for taking such good care of me and even taking me to the airport at 4AM! LOL~ Sorry dear!

Here is my first batch of photos, which is mainly food + goodies~ Yay!
I will start with photos of a very special Finnish restaurant we went to on the first night in Helsinki!

This is an amazing salad with Finnish brie cheese x3 we had at a traditional Finnish restaurant~




Rye bread is the thing to eat here x3

I started off with a shot of berry-flavored vodka (great start to my trip? LOL) the wine glass has cranberry juice!

Beautifully decorated plates, this is Vendace, quite a special fish you can try in Finland.

My veggie dish x3 which was sooo delicious as well!

Next we bought some pastries with berries~ my goal of course was to try out as many new berries as I could! The left was lingonberry and the right was buckthornberry (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong!)~

I also tried 'real' Finnish blueberries in porridge~

Aaand cloudberries on breadcheese (a special squeaky cheese) x3 ~~

A gorgeous salad on the day of the doll meet~

So much chocolate... the brand Fazer has some amazing goodies over in Finland! :D

Sooo much delicious food! XD Especially the chocolate! I'd like to send a special thank you to Roosa, Sherimi & Spica for such a warm welcome and the lovely gifts during the meet we had! I'm sure all of my friends are out to make me gain a lot of weight upon my return to China xDDDD;;

Some amazing cards and other souvenirs I bought ~

You may have noticed this special card which is super amazing and honestly the best souvenir I ever got from a meet! This is a drawing of my blue-gray Goldie made by the lovely and talented Sarg. I can't even express how wonderful and impressive this gift was! So thoughtful~

Thank you so much~!!! :3

Thanks for checking, there are many more pics to come!

22 comments:

  1. So yummy!!! And such nice goodies! Hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah~! :D It was great, I will add more pictures of the actual country/city soon as well! :3

      Delete
  2. Oh, don't I want some Finnish food right now. Bread cheese, pastries and those yummy chocolate from Fazer! Love the one with popcorn! And amazing gifts! I looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you should ask a friend to send some, I guess? :O The chocolate stuff from Fazer is really the nicest ~
      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Thank you Irene for the lovely meeting and all the gifts I received from you! How cool would it be to have another one but this time at your hoods in China. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be totally awesome :D It was so great to hang out with you and we shall definitely do it again (soon!?)~ thanks so much for the lovely gifts too!

      Delete
  4. I'm so hungry Dx!!!! this didn't help haha!! everything looks amazingly delicious!!! and it sounds like you had a lot of fun too, I'm so happy for you~

    All those sweets look really nice and the drawing Sarg did is super pretty (it helps that the model is supe pretty too :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha, so sorry!! :O It was really fun, despite the limited amount of time I had ~ it's always nice to meet friends all over the world!
      I totally agree, it's super pretty isn't it? I definitely think her work is the best! @o@

      Delete
  5. Amazing photos. That first salad looks delicious (all the food does!). I love tasting food from different cuisines around the world. Don't think I will ever get to Finland sadly but what amazing food.

    Sounds like it was a fun meet! That drawing is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really was so good! (But so pricey over there!)
      I do hope you can go on a trip to Europe one day, though! That would be amazing. :3 Or come over to China or something? Haha~

      It was the best!

      Delete
  6. Looks awesome! All that delicious food *__*
    Fazer makes very nice products. We have most of them here as well. Nomnomnom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was! :D I'm so jealous since I've become quite fond of this brand!

      Delete
  7. Great to hear that you enjoyed the Finnish food and got to try out new berries! Breadcheese is really yummy ;3; I'm still amazed by how we all managed to get different things for you and you didn't end up with any multiples of the same product! You're going to be an expert on Fazer chocolate for sure :D

    I keep telling Sarg that she's amazing at drawing, but she doesn't really believe me XD I almost would've liked to keep that card, it's so cute hahah~ Having such a cute Goldie wouldn't be bad either, now I'm having a huge Goldie fever after seeing your girl in person ; . ;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it's so good! Also it seems Fazer has such a large range of chocolates and cookies, there's still many more things left to try~~

      Ahh, she should really believe it :D :D She's super amazing!
      Oh yesss, succumb to the Goldie fever ~~ you neeed a Goldieee -evilness-

      Delete
  8. It was wonderful to have you dear Irene~
    You should post more food pictures with this camera of yours *-*
    I should thank you for taking the time on your holiday to come and visit Finland~
    Next time I hope to be even more educated on the various sights around Helsinki ^^
    And the airport trip was part of the service x3 nevermind the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x333
      Maybe I should turn this into a food blog, eh? :D I think Finnish food is just so pretty though, it really deserves to be photographed!
      Next time we shall have tons more fun I'm sure XDDD~ at least you got inspired! :D

      Delete
  9. So much yummy food Irene. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was wonderful! :3 everything is so nice over there!

      Delete
  10. Sorry for commenting a little late! ^^;; I've been real busy.
    Haha, you made everything look so tasty and almost exotic even though I'm a Finn myself! :D

    But anyway, it was super fun meeting you, I'm glad I was invited to the meet! Thank you! <3 Also, many thanks for the cute and awesome things that you gave me, I'm already using the washi tapes on my Hobonichi visual journal! <3

    I'll send you an email soon! ^3^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry ~
      Haha, I'm glad that I did! My friend Sofia said my photos were taking with a "tourist's eye!" LOL :D ~ perhaps outsiders always have a different perspective on local things!

      So happy to meet with you too, next time, let's do it again! I'm glad the washi tape was useful to you ~~ Can't wait to some of that journaling you've done!

      Look forward to it ~ :3

      Delete
    2. Tourist's view is good because it makes the familiar places look fresh and exciting!

      Me too, yes let's meet again, I'd love to! :) It was so much fun chatting with you and I'd like to hear a lot more about China and Taiwan.

      Delete
    3. I think so too, I will post photos of my home town as well from a tourist's point of view!

      Send me an e-mail whenever you can then! :3

      Delete