Thursday, December 22, 2016

2017 Goals

Since the year is coming to an end, let's have a look at 2016 and compare goals!


Goals of 2016:
  • Improve on sewing - pretty much given up on this since moving 
  • Improve my piano skill - need a new piano!
  • Somehow manage to get enough time and money to visit South Korea ~
  • Minimize my stuff! I want to live more compactly~
  • Save some money
  • Finish decorating / move into my new place!  
  • Buy a Nikon D5300, has been on my wishlist for a while and my old D40 could really use an upgrade xD; Actually I bought the D5500 instead :3
  • Finish the first draft of my first novel (should be around January!) - I am still stuck on the finale!
  • Start on the draft of the second one!
  • Buy an electronic piano ~ x3 kinda pricey still, but I needs practise! I need a new one now, since I moved countries!
  • Finish memorizing Hiragana/Katakana (lazy) and get a start on finishing my Japanese course
  • Read more books~ 
  • Get a tattoo? (Shiina Ringo tribute PLS)
  • Get 2 more ear piercings? :D (I have 4 already)
  • Build a Pullip diorama~ 
  • Build a prototype for my website I've been working on for literally 4 years! (Cake.Town) 
Goals for 2017
As would be appropriate, my goals need a lot of adjustments since abruptly moving this year! However, I am quite satisfied with the ones I did accomplish for 2016!
  • Buy a new piano - to be honest, my fingers are itching for practice, and I am in constant fear of forgetting everything I've learned before! 
  • Pass the TOCFL(Chinese) Band B test in MarchMay?
  • Keep my grades high enough to keep the TOCFL scholarship 
  • Finish my novel's first draft (seriously!)
  • Get a body for the cute BJD head I have here
  • Build a Pullip diorama (still)
  • Make 100 sales in my etsy shop - it's been going well so far with 63 sales, but I need to think of making more printables
  • Purchase a new laptop - electronics are so pricey here ;_;
  • Get a new phone - I'd probably aim for Samsung S6 or S7
  • Prepare a work and study plan for my amazing holidays! Winter break is over a month and summer vacation is amazingly long too!
  • Be more timely with sending packages to everyone! I apologize for being a terrible correspondent recently, thanks for all your kind care packages my fellow bloggers - you know who you are! I am preparing some much better gift packages for all of you for the coming year!
What are your goals? Did you achieve your 2016 goals?

Thanks for checking!

16 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I've been working on one of these posts myself for the past week. Haven't got around to publishing it though!

    Good luck on your Band B test!

    I'm looking forward to this Pullip diorama that you're thinking of doing. Hope you will find time to do this! I wish I had time off. Sadly, other than the national holidays, I am working this year over the festive period. Not a lot of time to do things!

    I always love your travel photos and am looking forward to your South Korea trip because I know you'll get there well and truly before I do! I think it'd be an interesting place to visit plus you know, there's the NIne9Style cafe there and the Bluefairy cafe!

    I didn't really set any goals for 2016 but I think I met a few of the things I wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your post soon! It's very satisfying to cross things off a list, I find!
      I'm not sure I'll manage any trips this year, so for now Korea is off the table! I'd love to visit those showrooms though!

      Delete
  2. I think you did great!!
    You goals for 2017 sound awesome, and I do hope you can achieve them all!
    If you travel to South Korea, are you planning to go to some BJD showrooms? I know Nine9Style and Iplehouse has them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, a lot has changed for me this year, so a lot of the old plans don't match up any more!
      Hope you can achieve all your dreams too!

      Delete
  3. Weeeeeeeee you did great I think!!!! Goals are just some guidelines, anything can happen in an entire year so there's bound to be some adjustments!

    Hope you achieve many things next year, and you accomplish some of the goals! I'm sure you will be awesome at your Band B test, after all, you are awesome in all you do :D

    South Korea is not a goal anymore? There's no way I could go there, but I was hoping to live it through your photos hahaha. Hope you get to go, as Alasse mentioned, there's a Bluefairy cafe :D!!! Hope I get to see many travel photos from you this new year :D be it Korea or somewhere else~

    I also want to make better packages next year to send to friends, I feel I received way more than I offered to anyone, and it has been such an amazing experience~

    I'll be making a goal posts too, hopefully tomorrow, if not after christmas hehe.

    Merry christmas for you!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I hope you will reach all of yours too! Haha, but honestly, reading traditional Chinese characters is quite challenging ;_; so I will take an intensive course over the winter break, a teacher is going to drill me for 3hrs a day LOL
      I do hope I can go, but currently having no income means I'll have to prioritize a home trip or a US trip (with the BF)
      It's always more fun to give than to receive I think :3 e-mail me if there's anything you need in particular (I'm mostly going shopping for fabrics and cute stationery and crafting materials!)

      Merry Xmas!!!

      Delete
  4. It's great you achieved some of your goals. I hope next year you'll achieve even more. I never make New Year's resolutions, I don't plan anything. My life is too unpredictable and sometimes there is too much bad luck, so I learnt not to make any plans. So when I manage to fulfill one of my dreams, it's just a pleasant surprise.
    Have a jolly and dolly Xmas! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the trick is to only set goals that you think are realistically achievable and concrete, or things you've already started on. In the past I found that setting vague goals didn't work for me either! Try it and good luck! :D
      Merry Xmas to you too!!

      Delete
  5. You did great! And there is always 'mañana', tomorrow. I often try to think so, there is always a new change to achieve ones dreams. I had some tiny plans (learn a new language is one), but that did not happen. I'm glad, despite, or as the teenagers here at home say: "It does not matter!" You try again, said my hubby to me, and do better then!
    Hope that you are having a wonderful Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you˜ Yeah, I don't feel too bad if I didn't achieve a goal, life gets in the way and things change abruptly some times!
      Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season also!

      Delete
  6. Ahha goals are something I didn't set this year, but it's good to see you did so well at yours Irene. I hope you had a happy Christmas, I shall look forward to popping by again in the New Year!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't you? :O It's kind of fun to have some little projects going on :3!
      See you in the new year! :D

      Delete
  7. Long holidays are the best, aren´t they! Great goals for the upcoming year Irene. I am too still in need of a new laptop, so I hope we both can achieve that in the year of 2017. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Though they're tough if you don't have a plan for how to spend your days! xD!

      Let's achieve that goal together XD! I am rather opposed to spending that much money when instead I could be buying a bunch of dolls! Ahahah~

      Delete
  8. Great plans you have there! I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of your Pullip diorama, as I'm starting to get more and more back into Groove Inc. dolls. :3

    I'd also like to start taking up piano again. I used to play it back in junior high.

    Samsung S6 and S7 are awesome phones! I have an S6 and it's pure love! :D

    I reached some goals I set for 2016 and some I didn't... but that's how it always is right. I did live up to my new year's resolution in 2016 but now I kind of feel like I shouldn't have. Haha...

    I'll post soon about my plans and goals for 2017. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I'm so happy to hear that ~ I think Groove sized dolls are the perfect size for diorama building~ :D
      I'd also love to hear you play piano some time, I think it's very relaxing to practise, and always enjoyable (no matter how badly I play! haha)
      I look forward to your post about your goals, and I'm very curious as to which goal you'd rather you hadn't achieved? :O

      Delete