Thursday, February 2, 2017

Anna Queen BJD Exhibition @ Taipei Puppetry Museum

I finally went there~ I've been lazy and this was all the way across town too! But very nice and totally worth a visit~
Anna Queen is a very talented doll artist who can sculpt, do lovely face-ups, take gorgeous photos and even do full BJD SD-sized dioramas! Please check out her lovely heads, she has a pre-order at the time of writing I believe!

Enjoy the photos!

When I first arrived at this tiny museum I discovered some interesting things about traditional Chinese puppet shows, which is something I had learned about before. Though honestly speaking, most of those puppets are really not very 'beautiful'~ ahaha :3

But they're cool in their own way, and the puppet masters are extremely talented in letting them move in various ways! But that's a whole other blog entry :D

There are so many very pretty photos made by AQ on the walls!
Forgive me if I don't know the name of all of her sculpts :D
I love how she also displayed some of her older sculpts :3
There were also a few Baus! I have one in my closet who is neglected...
I am tempted by several of her girls x3...
Older gentleman by AQ, they still have a lot of charm!
I had to collect the stamp of course x3
The work in progress displays were the most interesting though!
I liked this photoshoot area, it seems I should have brought a doll to model with the cardboard cut-outs! :D

Face-up materials!
It seems she casts everything by herself! :O
I had no idea she was working on a Dog BJD!
And it looks cute already!
It seems this was her first ever doll sculpt, made out of paper clay perhaps :3
Original designs? :O
The girl is Ebony, she is still my favorite girl sculpt by Anna!
Thanks for checking! :3

20 comments:

  1. How awesome!!! never thought a bjd artist could get their own exhibit, that won't happen here haha but this is too cool, her sculpts are gorgeous, thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anything is possible! Of course it helps there was already a museum related to puppets/dolls here! Lol

      I hope to see more events like this across the globe, please also share some cool things from your city!

      Delete
    2. there's nothing cool in my city XD

      Delete
    3. Aww come on, I don't believe that! I'd love to see some photos from your area, as I've never been to that side of the globe even!

      Delete
  2. OMG, she's incredible! Extremely talented. Ah, so many lovely boys! ^^ And the girl with a braid reminds me of Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, it seems she can do anything! Ohh, you're right, Anne also has such a lovely country style!

      Delete
  3. Oh that is so cool!! I hadn't seen the traditional Chinese puppets before--they are gorgeous! All of Anna Queen's dolls are adorable too. Thank you for sharing the photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Perhaps next time I should share more about the puppets, as well as the live action tv show using handsome BJD/puppet hybrids!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I love all of these pics! I've never heard of Anna Queen before, but now that I've seen these pictures I love these dolls! And that exhibition looked so cool and I love to see the displays that demonstrate the creating process of her dolls. I wouldn't mind owning one of those gentlemen dolls myself. And that dog she is making looks so awesome! <3 Does she sell her dolls online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, please check the link in the beginning of the post, as stated, she takes preorders and you can check her flickr for more information!
      Glad to introduce more people to her wonderful work.

      Delete
    2. Ok, somehow the link got unnoticed by me. :) I'll check it out!

      Delete
    3. I think her preorders are closed already! She usually updates them on her Flickr though!
      I'll post more about my Bau soon!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you posted about her. I actually had never heard of the artist before so it was neat to be introduced to her work for the first time here. She is very talented.

    Would you believe other than in movies etc, I have never seen a puppet show in person. It's on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she is super gifted!
      I think you can try a traditional Chinese one is available, for me the language barrier didn't stop me from enjoying it!

      Delete
  6. I saw pictures on her Fickr from the opening of the show, but it's really great to see your pictures and hear your thoughts about it.
    I really like her sculpts and I have considered quite a few of them, but they are never a priority for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome to see in person! I still love her Ebony but my wallet won't allow it now! She ships quickly once you order, and I think she might offer bodies soon!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post, thanks for sharing. Anna Queen is really talented and her work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope more people can order her dolls!

      Delete
  8. Amazing dolls and great displays!! I personally loved the ones with WIPs!
    I hope you have enjoyed the visit, Anna Queen is really talented :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the WIPs were also the most interesting to me, because many companies do not share their processes so intimately! Lol!

      Delete