Saturday, February 4, 2017

April Story - short review

So I finally managed to go ahead and order a body for the head that's been in my closet for a long, long time!
I actually risked ordering from April Story, despite the bad feedback I had seen. Mostly because of their new 10 day guarantee policy. 
As you can see, my FL Celine matches it very well, with maybe exception of the neck. But I will modify that later :3
Overall thoughts on the body~
Pros:
  • The body is very pretty and the sculpting is nice :) 
  • The stringing/joints are tight
  • It comes with lovely resin heels 
  • The white skin matches my FL head almost perfectly!
Cons:
  • The neck seems rather short for my tastes, on both the gift head and my Celine head
  • The body has a tendency to bend over backwards, which makes posing a bit awkward
  • The double joints are a bit difficult to pull out
Service thoughts:
  • To be honest, they didn't come through on the 10 business days, after they passed, they made another deadline promise and didn't keep it
  • It took a Paypal inquiry for them to immediately ship it
  • There was no communication from them over the lunar new year, which was to be expected, but there was no holiday notice posted on their website as to when they might open again
  • They were polite and apologetic when they did finally ship it and immediately provided me with the tracking number, and the body arrived several days after that
All in all, I'm not sure I'd like to order from AS again, mostly due to the service. I only ordered due to the price and time guarantee, but one of those things didn't really work out, and the messages on their Q&A seem to say more people have issues with them.

Now... to finish the boy that's been in my closet for about the same amount of time xD;;;

Thanks for checking!

17 comments:

  1. She looks so cute. ^^ Indeed, it's a perfect resin match. I'm hoping to see more photos of her in the future. I've had some problems with my DZ boy either. DZ just forgot to pack him when they were shipping dolls to Europe and I was waiting really long for him. I don't know what's happening to all those companies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seems some of them are going downhill, the saddest for me has been Soom, as they used to be one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. She looks great though!! too bad their service isn't good, I'm not sure how long can a BJD company stay alive with bad reputation.
    At least you got your body and it matches your girl very well, I didn;t realize it was white skin until you pointed it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering too!

      Yeah, I am happy to have BJDs again, though suddenly their size seems overwhelming lol!

      Delete
  3. I had heard about AS and their poor customer service. It's a shame as their sculpting on their bodies at least seem quite lovely. I'm glad the resin match turned out great. Do you think you could suede her to help with the bending over backwards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is! I also thought about SQ but they seem to ignore orders these days too!
      I think I'll give glue sueding a try for sure!

      Delete
  4. The match looks very good. I agree with you that the neck looks a little short, but that can be fixed :D Congrats on putting her together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've fixed it in a totally illegal way. Lol!
      Thank goodness the match is so good!

      Delete
  5. Congrats - the match is perfect! She looks so lovely. Sadly with the hiccups with the delivery, but they should really notice that sooner or later it will not work. Collectors will turn somewhere else with the shopping. I am glad that you got the body, finally! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is hard to find a company selling nice and decently priced bodies though!
      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. Sad to read about the service, but she looks so pretty!!! Congrats on getting the body too!
    Thank you for sharing your experience with the company, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it wasn't as bad as it could have been!
      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. Hi Irene,
    Seems their service is as bad as it's always been, and what's more they just don't seem to learn or really give a damn or they'd do something about it! Such a pity because their sculpts are really quite lovely . . . but there are plenty there ready to take their place. :) At least yours turned up in a reasonable length of time.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I also hate empty promises, I'd rather they be honest with me about a longer shipping instead of fake promise after promise!

      Glad it worked out anyway :D

      Delete
  8. Well, if the service isn't good people usually don't get back to them? Too bad they haven't learned about that but I guess people still order from them. The body is great match, I wish they'd match in the normal skin for Fairyland too. ^^; Your Celine is absolutely beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think service makes a huge difference, especially to customers from Western countries! :O
      I wonder about their normal skin as well x3 Are you looking for more bodies?

      Delete
  9. Yeah I just did the same and took the plunge anyway. I was eyeballing one of their senior girls for a while. I'm hoping for the best. ;-;...

    ReplyDelete